Friday, November 26, 2010

Where ever you go…. There you are & Anyway today was a new day.

11.17.2010
Where ever you go…. There you are.
By 9pm on the day that I arrived, I was dead tired.   I was tired of thinking and talking in Portuguese.  I realized a couple of things… first I need to sleep, I need my kids with me and I need to do something on a daily basis for me.  
The country is beautiful, Rodrigo’s home is beautiful.  Ceramic tile is unbelievable.  His parents are wonderful.  1st thing we had lunch when we arrived from the airport.  A traditional beans and rice dish.  It is called Feijoada.   I have had it many times before but never this good.  Dona Marina is an amazing chef.  We ate and drank and I took 3 showers this is because of the moisture in the air.   Always makes you feel sweaty, but it was a great day to arrive.  A cool day for Brasil. 
The kids are good, Gabriela is thriving.  She can go anywhere and I do not worry about her.  The home is simple and not much to touch or pull down.  The animals are a bit stressed.  Because of the weather Casi is extremely content (Texas).  Bhellie (Alaska)however kept me up all night long due to thunder storms.  It was funny because the sky seems closer here.  The storms were very loud and very close.  While not sleeping because of the shaking panicking dog…. I thought I might have taken Bhellie to her hell. 
Anyway today was a new day.
Rodrigo and I had a bit of a spat last night due to the fact I had no idea where anything was and va marina did not want me to do anything but to let her take care of us.  I however haven’t had a day where not only I had nothing to do, but someone doting on me breakfast, lunch and supper.  So, in the morning before the sunrise Rodrigo unpacked all of the boxes for me.  I woke up by noon and was so happy that he listened to how I was feeling.  This makes my day perfect. 
We walked around the neighborhood today.  Had pao de queijo and I ate the whole bag by myself.  I am not sure if you are supposed to eat the whole bag, but I ate it all up.  Little cheese breads.  We bought 2 sodas, liter of water, bag of cheese bread and two big pastries called dream in English all for 6 reis.  Like 3.5 u.s. dollars.  I thought today…. What could I spend my money on, I don’t need anything here.  Just then I walked by a pet shop and saw that dog beds were 50 American dollars…. So never mind.

No comments:

Popular Posts