Sunday, September 25, 2011

Graduation Night Party

In Brasil the most important day in one’s life is Graduation.  Truth of the matter is that if you don’t have a degree or two in Brasil, it is very difficult to get ahead.  It also guarantees that by law if you are arrested that you can ask for a special cell removed from the general population during a stay in prison.  But aside from the obvious reasons to go to school upon graduation… there is the Party.  Students save throughout the years for that special night that they get to share with their friends and family.   I believe the cost is around $2,000/student for a series of churrascos and then the Main Event, which we had the pleasure of attending last night.  I know a bit about this because a student of mine is on the committee for his graduating class and he is helping to plan the events; so when we were invited I knew that was a grand opportunity & honor. 
And that was that; full scale Graduation party.  I apologize for the picture quality now; as I was trying to get my camera to work I found out why…there were about 120 pictures that were taken one night by the children; and it dawned on me why Ben was telling me earlier that night that my camera was broken. 

You might find it interesting that the party actually started at 11pm and went till 5am.  When we first arrived they served appetizers and drinks and then the buffet was served at 2am.  However, by this time food was not important as this was when the music really started pumping. Brazilian parties start late and they go till minimum 4am. 
We told the Babysitter to let the kids fall asleep on their own and Amazingly, Bernard was still awake when we got home at 4am.  Crazy kids, however the plan worked and we all slept until 11am today. 

So, here you go. Thanks Again Alex! It was a time to Remember!

Here we are!

The Red Carpet

The Homies!
My Favorite Brazilian Beer!

Good Friends!



Good Times!

Probably time to go home, isn't he handsome!

3 comments:

João Bosco said...

did you liked brazilian parties? where is this place?

Jill In Brazil said...

It was Awesome!!! I dont remember where though. I have been thinking that we need to catch up very soon. Lets plan something and thanks for the comment,Veranda soon my friend. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading all ur posts girl!!!

Popular Posts