Friday, November 26, 2010

Never think you are too old to learn something new.

11.16.2010
Never think you are too old to learn something new.
Not sure how I got here, but no doubt here I am, in Brasil.  We are traveling across the ocean to South America to LIVE.  Never put much thought into it …. Truth is if I did I probably wouldn’t have gone.  We have 2 kids under 5, 2 animals over 12 and moving to a world that I married into.  I married my husband 5 months after we met.  This is because we knew we were a perfect match.  Neither of us knew why but luckily as our lives unfolded we were on the same page.  I’d follow him anywhere and he would me.  So here I am. 
It didn’t really start to hit me till we got on the 2nd flight to Brasil.  This is where I started to see the most beautiful people in the world.  Yes that was one thing I saw… however we were running from the 1st plane to catch the second then my daughter fell getting on the plane and hit her head…however I was holding 5 little but bulky bags and we had to then walk the length of the hugest plane all the way to the back with her following me crying from the incident.  My son was in front pushing people and then there were the Brazilians who took their time.  1 lady held us up for 3 minutes trying to gently put her stuff in the overhead bins.  I thought …..Oh my god and it begins.  Patients Please!  So of course I was my big bold self and asked here to move.  One of the girls walked the length of the plane to get out of my way which again was so beautiful and so un American.  We finally get to our seat and Gabi now has not only nappy hair but a long scrape and bump on her eye.   Next since the plane is about to pull away from the gate, I have to chase down the stewardess to make sure the animals are on board.  It seems like I was exuding any last effort of control that I could have because it now has become aware to me really where I am heading.   BRASIL.   

No comments:

Popular Posts