Friday, November 26, 2010

I have always had space & Holy Holy Shit!

10.8.10
I have always had Space!

So this is really the first page.  I am in bed thinking, really for the first time about the decion that I had made to go to brasil.  Mind  you, I am writing this almost 8 months after the decision was made to GO. 
Rule #100 Never think too much about big decisions that you have little control over.  Make them, prepare and jump in firmly with both feet.  Rule #101 Deal with the problems as they come fully, honestly and quickly.
I woke up today and drove the kids to "Crapper Barrell" to eat.  Not crapper barrell because it sucks, it is actually our favorite place to eat, but just because I love to change the names of things in a vulger way.  Alway have... dont know what to tell you.  And after eating thoday I was driving back to Fort Collins and it was then when I realized as I was looking at the city... I dont live here anymore.

Now I am at my moms with the kids staying a few days then on to Phoenix to see my sister and her family, then to Oklahoma and back to Phoneix vefore the Big Move.  Brasil?  Yieks!  Holy @#$% ! Really?


Yep.  Its happening and I dont know what to expect.  As for foreign travel it has been Europe, Mexico, Canada and everywhere that the carnival cruise lines will travel... but South America was never on my radar.
Never studied it...Oh, I did suprised myself when I aced the "countries in South Amreica and their Capitals" test.  I remember that like it was yesterday.  Probably cuz I didnt even cheat :).
Now... I am a big ol White Nebraska Girl, probalby more traveled than many but let me say.... I have always had space & things.  Anything I've ever wanted, my own new car at 16, my own room with a queen sized bed, my own space.  I had been given everything and traveled a lot as a kid.  My family was great growing up.  I knew I was loved and my parents wroked hard for everything they had and gave it all to us.  Of course they were crazy too, whos family isnt?  My dad is very relaxed, always walking around in this underwear, hard worker, loves sports, pretty easy going.  He coached all of my Basketball and Softball teams since I was old enough to play.  My mom, well I always thought of her as very powerful and thought she knew everything.  Very spiritual and we could talk for hours, deep conversation.  I am so thankful that she tought me spiritauality.  Never a religious family, thank god!   Where I am going with this is...What will it be like to live in a city crowded with millions of people?  Can I handle the heat & moisture?  The close quarters?  the small beds?  A mother in-law?  Well, keep reading and I quess we will find out together. 

Holy Holy Shit!
Speaking of religion & spirituality, here is my take for what its worth.  We were at the Telluride Bluegrass festival and we saw the funniest sign.... "God, Please protect me from your followers".  I love it.
When I was a kid leaving the nest and living in the Bible Belt of Texas, I would to go to a church once in a while as it made me feel happy but then I would run into the Preachers Daughter.  I guess I was trying to understand my beliefs.  Then the family would have me over for dinner I suppose they just thought I needed a little saving after a brief conversation.  I would tell them of my beliefs and see how it would fit into their world.  I would sit there saying the same things as them but insted of  the Father, the Son & Holy sprirt I would say energy and spririt. Then I would leave quickly and they would say a prayer for me as I bolted out of the door.   Why cant you talk to these people???????  I have always felt apart of a God source and believe the source comes in so many different forms & words.  How can people judge a good person because of the way they say "God"?.

No comments:

Popular Posts