Friday, November 26, 2010

Oh Zhill?,What to do, Oh shit Moist Heat! & I have to explore a lot of my initial thoughts.

11.24.2010
Oh Zhill?   
Pretty sure I was laughed at for trying to put my 2 year old to bed at 8:30.  Gabi wont sleep anymore as we have people coming at 8 these days.  Here it is 11:30 and the Gabi is wide awake.  You know moms always know best even if it isn’t your kid and old saying from America.   Last night I had to finally go to the bathroom and just when I thought everyone was asleep, Rodrigo’s mom was knocking at the bathroom door... Oh Zhill?   asking me to leave the lights on in Portuguese.  It is hard enough to understand the language barrier and then the barrier of the bathroom door.  
Rodrigo’s mom knows everything about everyone.   She already knows as much as you could know about me if you were washing & folding my clothes, cleaning and straightening up my stuff.   Which makes me a little nervous.  :)  I take off our dirty clothes and put them in the corner of the room and before 7 they are gone.    I cant really complain though as I am glad that I don’t have to do it for a while.
Oh by the way, I am PMSing.

What to do.
I have an apt. with a Teacher tomorrow to learn Portugese.  2 classes a week for 100 Real.  Then for exchange they asked me if I would like to teach English to kids.   Hmm.  Like $20-$30 reis a hour.  This is a significant salary by the way.  10 days in and 2 job offers.  Liking it.    I will take it of course if all goes well tomorrow.  The opportunities are really endless here for English speakers especially if you lived in America.  People are very curious about America and like to listen to our conversatios and try to make out what we are saying.  Rodrigo likes to say embarrassing stuff out loud for a kick, I still think there must be something who knows what we are saying. 

Spent 3 hours in the bank today.  You walk in and take a number to see the teller and there are two guys only behind the desk to help you with accounts.  We went inside took a number waited 45 minutes to set up an account, then waited 45 more minutes with a new number to make a deposit.  The best part about it was that the air conditioner actually worked really well.  From now on when I am hot, I am going to withdraw money from the teller and sit and wait. 

Oh shit Moist Heat!
I am sweaty and my skin is not really happy with the fact that I never really ever dry off. 

I am really having a good time here, strange to think that I am living here now.  Crazy really.  I still feel really close to my family despite that our computer doesn’t work yet and phone calls are expensive.  I think I could get used to it, just 10 days.  A guy at that  bank asked if I liked it here and I said Yes so far then he said that there are a lot of problems and I said there are a lot of problems in America too.  Then a lady heard us speaking English and said that she wanted to move to America and I remembered all of the space and lack of bars on the houses and windows and I thought…. That would be nice. 

I have to explore a lot of my initial thoughts.
Like Brazil for instance.  I don’t think you could find someone over 30 who hasn’t had a tramatic experience here with bad people.  However there are millions everywhere.  So of course there are gates and bars and ….. I think I may have heard gunshots hopefully firecrackers.  Though were I go I do feel safe.  The busses are fine and the malls are immaculate.  It really feels like a small town.  Rodrigo live here 12 years ago and runs into an old friend daily.  It is really hard to believe but it is happening.  People are really nice too.  However, I am cautious.  I really do need more time here but how long.  I think I will know soon enough.  Right now I don’t want to leave any time soon.  It feels like a time warp.

No comments:

Popular Posts