Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July



I can’t believe I am out of the country today, as this is the first time ever on the 4th of July. I am surprised that I am feeling the same feelings as being gone at Thanksgiving & Christmas. I guess it was just another time in my life when I was spending time with the people that I love the most.
Oh, and the hamburger/hotdog/potato salad/macaroni salad & Apple Pie with Homemade Ice Cream Barbeque. And I almost forgot Beer.  The real American BBQ! Actually this is the only time that I can convince Rodrigo to not BBQ a steak.
Just days ago, I was cooking in the kitchen and suddenly; I broke out into the National Anthem like 3 times. What is going on? Then, I noticed the date… can you believe it? Subconsciously, I knew something special was going on.
Then last night, I was awoken by a loud noise. Brazilians use fireworks every time there is a Soccer game and their favorite team either scores or wins, so the sounds of firecrackers are common occurrence.  Anyway, I was awoken by a loud noise that I could not sleep through.  I looked outside and saw a beautiful display of fireworks; one after the other right out my bedroom window as if I was sitting on the grounds looking at the sky with my family and friends.  It was an familiar and timely sight.
So, Happy 4th of July!!!!!! I miss you America!!!!!! 

No comments:

Popular Posts