Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The 3rd Day in the new Home

Today is day 3 in my house…with a bed.  It is great, the house.  So beautiful and I almost have a kitchen.  Last night I went to buy a few things that we needed.  At one place I was shopping for an hour as they were closing getting house goods and food only to find out when I went to pay that I couldn’t use a credit card to pay for food.  This was a fiasco, there was a guy who had to translate to me what the lady was saying who did not have the patients to even try to explain.  I wanted to hit everyone with my broom and run out of the store…but I had to remain calm and go through the motions.  So I got the household goods but could not buy the groceries. 
So, I go to the next open store… I love this store.  The groceries were nice and the store reminded me of a Fred Meyer.  I was standing in the bug repellent isle here and a Brazilian woman asked me if I knew where the price was for something.  I answered her back with my heavy accent and her friend seriously started laughing and walked away.  The girl who asked me was nice and stayed for a bit.  When the other gal walked off I immediately started to say “eu no fallo Portuguese” then I stopped myself and thought Oh My God!  She was laughing at me and I couldn’t do anything about it…
Now I have developed another problem.  Now I am getting mad at people who stare and laugh even in my direction.  I automatically think they are laughing at me.  This happened tonight and they weren’t at all.  Then I felt bad.  I drove off hit the curb with my tire as I was turning around to head the wrong way on a one way street.  Boy did I feel like an ass, rightfully so.

No comments:

Popular Posts