Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So whats new?


The weather has gone from Rainy & Cool to Dry & Hot in a few days, I am getting a bit of a cold today.  It was so nice that we went swimming at the pool today and we all are a little red and extremely tired.  Kids were out by 7:30 after a cup of Acai.  It is so great that we have a really nice pool so close and free.  It will be a great way to cool off in this hot Brazilian summer without air conditioner. 
The other day I also had a Budweiser!  I couldn’t believe that I could buy a 12-pack here.  When they were nice and cold (I made everyone wait), we had a cheers and took a drink.  It was beautiful, just like I remembered it and less bitter than the other beer we were drinking at the time.  It was the same in color but had a lighter taste.  We paid R$22 for 12 cans (R$1.79/can), I guess in Dollars it was about $13/12pack.   It was a great treat and Budweiser did not disappoint as a matter of fact it was better than I remembered. 
Today I also had another great experience taking Gabriela to a store to find her Birthday present.  I was going to buy her toys but decided to take her shopping for a special outfit for her birthday party at her Grandma’s house on Wednesday.  She picked out such a cute little outfit; it is Red and Grey with a Barbie on it.  However getting Gabriela away from the shoes was quite a task.  She found some beautiful silver flip flops with a little diamond strap and a flower.  They matched perfectly and since she tore the tag of and ran around the store with them on, I just knew I was going to have to buy them.  It was the best money I have ever spent and still she asks every couple of hours if she can wear them.  Cutie bug. 

So we have a school Halloween Party on Friday, Tony’s Birthday on Saturday, Tia Dani in town, A Holiday and Gabi’s Bday party on Wed, A wedding on Sunday and the following weekend we will have Rodrigo’s birthday.  We have a busy couple of weekends coming up.

No comments:

Popular Posts