Thursday, September 8, 2011

Making Lemonade... Again!

I was chewing gum yesterday and my crown popped off.  Oh my god!!!  Now not only are my glasses broke and duct taped, it also looks as if I am missing a flippin tooth.  Not to mention today our electricity was cut off.   We were only like 5 days late waiting payday… Come on already?  But, it just so happened that the owner didn’t make a payment in 2010 that eventually caught up with US!  Truthfully, I was thinking… this could be my bottom.  J  
However with all things in life…there is a fix.  For instance we actually got the light problem solved in a few hours and the crown didn’t break, it just popped off.   I went by a dentist and the fix will only cost me $30… that’s savings right there.    Now the glasses… I guess I could call Sam’s club and have a similar frame shipped, but actually after living in Alaska for 8+ years, I learned that duct tape is really cool… maybe my situation is just bad in the mirror. 
I can’t complain though, today was a marvelous day.  I went to the Market with Gabriela and bought beautiful fruit and veggies to make my salsa.  We had the best pastel I have ever eaten for breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice and then my car actually started every time I got in.  Oh, and then there is the car thing.  I guess when life gives you lemons…you try to make lemonade and just pray there is sugar in the cupboard. 
I didn’t say living in a foreign country was easy, but I am sure to be a different person when I return. 

No comments:

Popular Posts