Monday, December 13, 2010

Sometimes I forget I am living in a foreign country.

12.12.2010
Sometimes I forget I am living in a foreign country. 
Brasil is so amazing.  The funny thing is that when I am living sometimes I forget I am living in a foreign country.  The only thing stopping me from being completely ready to go is the fact that I can’t talk to anyone.  I am having trouble hearing people.  However every day I slowly advance just because I become familiar with one more word.  You can know the words but then there is the way they are spoken, how they are used and pronounced. 
Lately as we have emerged ourselves into this scampering for documents and waiting in lines at banks, sometimes I run into people and ask them something in English.  Just like when I am at the home depot or something.  Then they look at me in shock and I say “oh Yea, nao fallo Portuguese!”  Then I quickly try to convert what I was saying into Portuguese or run for Rodrigo.

No comments:

Popular Posts