Friday, December 24, 2010

All I want for Christmas is... my freedom!

12.24.2010
All I want for Christmas is... my freedom!
Ok, how do I obtain freedom living in a foreign country with 2 English speaking children, 2 elderly animals and a huge new family that I am living with? 
First I should ask the question what is it that I call freedom?  Well I think it is the ability to speak my mind and be understood.  Funny, I have been chasing my whole life.   I see many opportunities in front of me, but I am limited to the computer.  
It is also the ability to go anywhere at any time without restriction.  I went out to buy a cochina yesterday and came back with 5 pieces of French bread and 4 pineapple.  Seriously and why did I buy 4?  The guy who pulled me in off the street and sold them to me because he talked so fast I didn’t even know if I could buy 1. 
I don’t even need to go further, I know the answer.  LEARN THE FUCKING LANGUAGE!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill, I have always admired your can do attitude, you have been a rock for your family, so get off your ass and to a class!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas, love you lots, Kathy

Ren McMillan said...

Hang in there girl!! :) Yes, maybe learning the language would help out, just a bit. I bet it is incredibly frustrating!!

Jill In Brazil said...

Thanks, It is a dificult language to learn. Recently I have been ordering food and feeling more confident when I am out on my own. I will get it down just need a few more friends to chat with.
Love you!

Popular Posts